Whether fresh out of training or established with many years of experience, PMU Artists can all agree that the industry is ever changing, growing, and improving. While other industries may have a breakthrough development every decade or so, the PMU industry has seen a recent explosion of exciting changes and shows no signs of slowing down. The development of pigment has led to even more beautiful, long-lasting and vibrant colors. Tools have certainly become more precise and manufactured with increased scrutiny on safety and sanitation. PMU techniques are becoming more elaborate and even blending together to create work that is hyper-realistic and natural. Yet all of this change creates a lonely environment for many Artists: the newly certified who are trying to develop their skills, the established entrepreneurs who work alone, and everyone in between who simply struggles to keep up. But it doesn’t have to be lonely! The American Academy of Micropigmentation (AAM) offers a sense of community by collaborating with industry leaders to create educational resources and networking opportunities.
One of the key features of AAM membership is access to a resource library of content that is curated by, and often exclusive to, the AAM. The library includes:
- One-page reference sheet collaborations with industry leaders that are available as digital downloads. Hot topics include Sales Script with Sheila Bella, Bro Brows with Emily Joy and IGTV Strategy with Leann La.
- Monthly Webinars hosted by AAM with expert speaker presentations and Q&A. Upcoming webinar topics include Medical Health and PMU with Dr. Misha Briere and Veteran Artist Eyeliner Techniques with Rhonda Vacanti.
- Online Courses are in currently in development. Expect to see step-by-step tutorials on topics ranging from PMU fundamentals to Marketing tips coming very soon. Learn from a variety of instructors to expand your repertoire.
- PMU School Podcast features daily episodes with a fresh perspective from experienced, thoughtful PMU professionals in just 10 minutes. With more than 100 episodes to date, listeners can gain knowledge from exceptional industry leaders like Hoi Kwon, Tina Davies, Amanda Rose, Lulu Siciliano, and Violet Tarabay. This podcast is free for both members and non-members on iTunes and Spotify.
- Social Media posts provide education and assistance. Posts include varied topics from Artist Spotlights (with details of pigment, tool, and technique used) to sample text that can be used for business correspondence during the COVID-19 crisis. Most recently, the AAM hosted the 7-day #AAMRiseUpChallenge to inspire followers to commit to daily, positive actions.
It is easier than ever to take advantage of these resources by joining the “Community Membership” tier. It’s a great option for those who want to continue to learn and grow, but aren’t ready for board certification.
Enrollment is simple and available online at www.micropigmentation.org/community-membership.